For those looking to add strength and moisture to their hair, deep conditioning on a consistent basis is key.
If you are looking to start deep conditioning on a consistent basis or just looking for new conditioners to try, I compiled a list of popular deep conditioners. Most of these product can be found online or in your local beauty supply store or shopping center.
Moisture Based Deep Conditioners - For dry, dull, brittle and breaking hair. For best results, use weekly under heat.
For hair that is not experiencing significant breakage or dryness but needs a little boost in moisture, alternate between deep conditioning with a moisture based conditioner and light protein based conditioner each week.
- Mizani Moisturefuse
- Keracare Humecto
- Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
- Keracare Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair
- Crème of Nature Nourishing Conditioner
- Atone Botanicals Reconstructer
- Jason Sea kelp
- Redken Real Control
- Aubrey Conditioners
- Joico Moisture Recovery
- Elucence MB Conditioner
- Jane Carter Replenishing Conditioner
- Phytonectar and jojoba conditioners
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner
- Pantene Relaxed and natural mask
- Nexxus Humectress
- Hydratherapie by Biolage
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
- Joico Moisture Intensive Treatment Extra Conditioning Conditioner
- Aveda Dry Remedy
Protein Based Conditioners (Light/Medium) - For limp, lifeless, thinning and overly elastic hair. For best results, use a light protein conditioner weekly until hair regains strength and body.
For hair that is not experiencing significant thinning or inelasticity but needs a little extra strength, alternate between deep conditioning with a moisture based conditioner and light protein based conditioner each week.
- Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructer
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask
- Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner
- Mane and Tail Original Conditioner
- Ors Replenishing Pac
- Aubrey GPB
- Nexxus Keraphix
- Phytospecific Intense Nutrition
- Motions CPR (med)
- ORS Hair Mayo (med)
- Vitale Pro Super Conditoner
Protein Based Conditioners (High) – For severly damaged hair. For best results, use once every 4-6 weeks under heat. Must be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner!
- Nexxus Emergencee
- Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair
- Joico K-Pak reconstructer
- Mizani Kerafuse
Combination - Moisture and Protein Based Conditioners - For damaged hair. May still need to follow with additional moisture based conditioner, depending on hair's needs.
- Mizani Fufyl
- Affirm 5 and 1
As always, you can find me at www. healthytextures.com or on my social network (over 5,300 relaxed, natural and texlaxed women of color sharing healthy hair tips and techniques) at www.healthytextures.ning.com.